Unnati Microfin Private Limited (Unnati) is a new generation Non-Banking Finance Company (NBFC) – Micro Finance Institution (MFI) based in Maharashtra, India, and under the Indian Companies Act of 1956, is registered with Reserve Bank of India (RBI) as Non-Deposit Accepting NBFC-MFI.
Promoted by Mr. Hanumant B. Ranjane with a vision to cater to economic empowerment, Unnati provides financial services and products of small ticket size to the underbanked and unbanked section of the society predominantly, women; in urban areas, semi-urban and rural areas with the goal of setting up a new business or grow their existing business.
Unnati Microfin Pvt. Ltd was formerly known as Shree Om Credit Company Pvt. Ltd. (SOCC). SOCC commenced its business after taking over “Temperate Finance Private Limited”, an NBFC from its erstwhile owners, and further changed its name to Shree Om Credit Company Private Limited & launched its operations in April 2012. While Unnati started its journey in 2012, today enjoys a strong network relationship with more than 50000 household clients in the state of Maharashtra, India. With more than 10 years of experience in the field, we strongly believe and aim to offer financial inclusion, by catering to the unbanked sector and contributing to the economic benefit of society.
To enhance the socio-economic status of the society at large by providing a range of financial services and to be a premier institution in the field of financing.
To reach 1,50,000 households with Asset Under Management (AUM) of ₹ 300 Cr by 2025 providing financial security to urban and semi-urban communities.
- 2010-11: Key Promoters (Mr. & Mrs. Ranjane) took over ‘Temperate Finance Pvt. ltd.’
- 2014-15: Completed the net owned fund criteria of INR 5.00 crores and qualified as a Non-Banking Financial Company- Microfinance Institution (NBFC-MFI) as stated by the RBI
- Applied to the RBI for accreditation as an NBFC-MFI from NBFC- Loan company received the licenses in January 2016.
- Loan Portfolio crosses INR 10.00 crores with 6000 active women borrowers
- Opened new branches across Pune, Raigad, Palghar districts; become a strong 100 member family;
- Loan Portfolio reached INR 36 crores with 19000 active women borrowers
- 2017-18: Loan Portfolio of 72 crores with more than 35000 active loan borrowers; Secured an Equity funding of 4 crores from Nihalani Investments LLP
- Loan Portfolio of INR 65 crores with 30,000 active women borrowers;
- Cumulatively provided financial assistance to more than 50,000 women borrowers with the successful deployment of INR 100 crores at the bottom of the pyramid
- Completed Rs 300 crores of cumulative disbursements since 2012; Opened 10 new branches, taking the total tally to 22 branches;
- Reaches an AUM of 78 crores and Partners with 20+ Credit Institutions (Banks and NBFCs)
- 2020-21: Started providing gold loans by leveraging the grass-root level network established over a period of years for distribution of its gold loan product.
- Gold Loan Portfolio reaches 2.5 crores and counting within 3 months of launching Gold Loan Product
- Company Achieved the milestone of 100 AUM (in Cr.)